Corporate Social Responsibility
As a team, TravelBrands strives to go beyond our business objectives and bring its driving force to initiatives that make our world a better place. TravelBrands gives focus on bringing people together to make a positive impact however we can.
TravelBrands gives back to a charitable initiative that is very important to the leadership team, the SickKids’ Labatt Family Heart Centre. TravelBrands donates year-round to support SickKids’ goal of being the leading pediatric and congenital heart disease centre in the world. With current survival rates of 98.5 per cent, SickKids strives to ensure that all complications associated with heart defects do not stop children from living their lives to the fullest. To date, TravelBrands has raised over $1,000,000 for the SickKids Foundation.
TravelBrands hosts multiple events year-round to raise awareness and funds for SickKids. These include:
- The yearly “TravelBrands Annual Charity Golf Classic.” With the support of over 150 suppliers, partners, agents and employees, this action-packed day is filled with incredible food, a helicopter ball drop, a million dollar shootout and a notable silent auction.
- Participation in the annual Mississauga Dragon Boat Race Festival. A group of TravelBrands employees paddled their way to successfully raise money for the hospital.
- An employee 5 kilometre walk. Circling the headquarters in Mississauga and ending with a complementary BBQ, employees raised money and awareness to participate in a walk for SickKids.
- SickKids Day. On this day, TravelBrands pledges to donate one percent of sales made to the SickKids Foundation.
In order for TravelBrands to support causes, it is important to give back to its strongest asset first – its employees. TravelBrands has implemented a wide range of programs to help build employee engagement and an environment of support.
With the full support of the executive team, TravelBrands is committed to bettering employees by offering:
- Flexible medical and dental packages
- RRSP Match Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Summer hours
- Milestone awards
- Employee perks. This includes home and auto insurance discounts, telecommunications discounts, Perkopolis membership and Goodlife Fitness memberships.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Social Committee activities including a Food Truck festival, Holiday Market, themed days, contests and more.
- The opportunity to partake in charitable activities to support the SickKids foundation and other local initiatives.
At TravelBrands, environmental sustainability is an issue very important to us. To do our part, we have implemented best practices and use technology to go greener.
To diminish our environmental footprint in the travel industry, TravelBrands has adopted the following initiatives:
- Centralized printing
- Implementing paperless shows and events
- We are continuously reviewing our practices to see where we can become more sustainable.